Delicious one-bowl vegan banana bread is moist, perfectly sweet, and super easy to make.
How to Make Vegan Banana Bread
Tips for the Best Vegan Banana Bread
Commonly Asked Questions
More Vegan Quick Bread Recipes
If you try this banana bread recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and give it a rating. Share your review, and let me know any changes you make.
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (1 1/2 cups or 350g)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (substitute vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup (56 ml) almond milk (substitute oat or other plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas and place them in a large mixing bowl. Mash them with a fork or potato masher.
- Add sugar, oil, almond milk, and vanilla to the bowl. Stir until well-mixed.
- Add the flour. Sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices on top of the flour. Stir gently until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Fold in nuts or chocolate chips (if using) with a spatula. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake until well risen and golden brown, 45-50 minutes.
For Banana Bread Muffins: Divide batter evenly among 12 greased nonstick muffin cups. Bake until domed and just beginning to brown around the edges, 20-25 minutes.
For Gluten-Free Banana Bread: Substitute a gluten-free flour mix. Adjust the consistency with additional almond milk, if necessary.
For Oil-Free Banana Bread: Substitute applesauce for the oil. The oil-free loaf will be a little denser, but will still taste delicious.
To Store: Store covered or wrapped in foil. Banana bread will keep up to 3 days at room temperature or 1 week in the fridge.